Built in 13th century, the church was destroyed twice: once by the Turks and once caught fire. It was subsequently restored.
Parishioners of the church: about 160 families, including:
• 60 mixed families (Romanian Magyar);
• 4 Italian families;
• 2 German families.
• Inside the church there’s a wooden cross with the inscription MISSIO, and the years of papalmissions.
• The church is equipped with an organ (and an organist), which allowed over the years the organizingof concerts written for this instrument.
• An underground crypt, where priests are buried.
• Library, which houses rare books, reviews, codaks.
• Religious Holidays - Christmas, Easter, Day of the Cross.
• The services are held partly in Hungarian, partly in Romanian and occasionally in Latin. The choral group sings religious songs in Hungarian, Romanian and Latin.
• From the inside of the monastery currently operates a foundation - "St.Francisc Foundation" - non-profit (NGO), with the object of care and social assistance to orphans, poor people and disadvantaged people, through its two homes at no. 3 Erou C.G. Moraru Street and atno. 2A Octavian Goga Street,with the good care of foundation president, Bojte Csaba – Franciscan priest